[ To serve 4 persons ]
Chicken (cut into pieces) 1 kg
Coconut Oil ¾ cup or 12 tbsp
Grated coconut 2 cups
Onion 3 nos
Ginger and Garlic paste 4 tbsp
Green Chilli slit 3 nos
Curry leaves 10 nos
Tomato 2 nos
Salt To taste
Kozhi curry masala 3 tbsp
• Marinate the chicken with ginger and garlic paste and salt and keep aside for 5 – 10 mins.
• Roast the grated coconut in a pan till it turns golden brown in colour and make a smooth paste.
• Heat the coconut oil in a kadai, add sliced onion, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté till it turns brown in colour.
• Add 3 tbsp of kozhi curry masala (any brand of your choice) and sauté for 2 mins in low flame.
• Add the marinated chicken, sliced tomato and sauté.
• Add enough water and cook the chicken till tender.
• Add the roasted coconut paste and simmer it.
• When the gravy becomes thick remove from the heat and serve.